Tiny snowmen

The conceptual artist, Sol Lewitt, said "When an artist uses a conceptual form of art, it means that all of the planning and decisions are made beforehand and the execution is a perfunctory affair."

A recent back injury ruled out shoveling snow for a while. It would be nice if I could use conceptual art to make snow shoveling a perfunctory affair

The Chinese terracotta army gave me the idea that I could replace the snow shovel with various sized ice cream scoops and create an array of tiny snowmen on my porch.

I would need three scoops, a large one for the base, a medium sized one for the torso and a small one for the head. I would also need wet snow which unfortunately is not the default in Iowa but Google assures me that it is possible to convert powdery snow into wet snow by adding water.

It is necessary to decide how many snowmen to make because that will determine how much snow I need to clear from the porch. I will clear the area by creating snowballs with the scoops and placing them temporarily on a large piece of cardboard. There were 8000 terracotta soldiers. Ideally I would create that many snowmen but it will probably be a lot less

Now all I have to do is declare this a conceptual art piece and find some grad students in the art department of the nearby college to carry it out. I will leave things like the exact placement of the snowmen up to the grad students.

I think that Tom Sawyer would like this plan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watches

Food for thought

Houses